Disclaimer

I am sharing reviews to some of my favorite reads that you might be interested in. I am NOT compensated for these reviews. If I receive a free e-book for a review I will disclose that in my review. This are my own thoughts and views.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Review: Becoming an Woman of Excellence


I want to thank Tyndale House Publishers for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book.

Honestly, I never heard of this book or author until just recently.  Seeing how this is the 30th Anniversary edition it has been around for quite awhile.
This book wasn't exactly what I was imagining, ended up being better. I am really glad I received it. The Cynthia Heald uses the bible story of Ruth and Boaz as her basis for the whole idea for this book. especially the scripture Ruth 3:11.  In the KJV it reads : "And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman."  
In the bible version she uses (which I am not sure which one it is) is says: " All my people in in the city know that you are a woman of excellence."

I know in the church and as a culture there is loads of pressure put on women to be PERFECT, and this is such an abstract idea, each view is so different.  I think, I know I put more pressure on myself than other people do. Here is an easy to read, self-paced, personal in-depth look at our self and becoming the very best Daughter of God we can become, most of the lessons that are talked about we already practice in our everyday life anyway, just be more conscious about our actions toward our relationship to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
 This is a "workbook" Bible self improvement book. There are 11 chapters and the written portions are short author views of the bible scriptures, books and speakers. After that she asks us as readers thought provoking questions that we need to ponder and answer for ourselves. We also are giving scripture references to read and write our impressions. Topics include What is Excellence, obedience, God's Character, Becoming like Christ, purity, along with more topics. This isn't a set down and read and be a better person book. You as a reader, if you want to get anything out of the book, need to do your own scripture study and be honest with yourself about you own thoughts. I like how Mrs Heald has added her views now that she is more mature and has lived a fuller life into each chapter, what a great insight for me who is younger and still has must to learn. Also, how she is helping us become better women not viewing us as bad and this is how you improve. She wants us to improve on our greatness we have already.
You can find this book on Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment