Disclaimer

I am sharing reviews to some of my favorite reads that you might be interested in. I am NOT compensated for these reviews. If I receive a free e-book for a review I will disclose that in my review. This are my own thoughts and views.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Book Review: The 5 Love Languages of Children: The Secret to Loving Children Effectively

The 5 Love Languages of Children: The Secret to Loving Children EffectivelyThe 5 Love Languages of Children: The Secret to Loving Children Effectively by Gary Chapman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a free copy of this book from Moody Publishing Newsroom in exchange for my honest review.

A couple years (Jan 2014) ago I listened to the audio recording of this book and here is that review:
Loved this whole idea. Have a lot of work and changing that I have to do in order to show my children how much I truly do love them and fill them emotionally.

As much as I like to listen to audio books (they help when I have to multi-task), there is a change in my brain that just clicks when I read the written word. This is also a book I read with a pencil in hand. This idea for the 5 Love Languages has been around for a number of years now, and to me, they still make sense to use. Each of my children, have a different personalities, that is what makes life so interesting, and it would make sense that they would receive and give love differently. Each chapter is broken down to cover one of the Love Languages and how to use them effectively with our children. Mr Chapman even gives short personal accounts on how each has been used effectively and ineffectively.
One thing I do like is that fact that all 5 types of Love should be used and should be used alone, with no contingents.
I know I have a ways to go to be the perfect parent but I do hope my children know that I love them, and I hope that I can use these ideas to tell them that in their own special way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment